Together we have raised Between 1st January and 10th October 2020 we have helped families raise £501,649* including Gift Aid for charities; the kind donations made on loved one’s notices on funeral-notices.co.uk - That’s over half a million pounds in just ten months. We are really proud to provide this service at a time when the charity sector is really struggling to raise vital funds to survive. Funeral-notices.co.uk is the UK’s most popular site for online notices with a growing audience returning every day to read our daily funeral notices, leave tributes, share memories, add photos and donate in memory of their loved ones.
over £500,000 for charities
so far in 2020
We introduced online donations in August 2019 and in 2020 we made our donation service available on all main notices to provide an online cashless donation facility to even more people. This is one of the many ways we have adapted to support our audience and customers through the pandemic and for the future.
Over half a million pounds To celebrate our donation success so far in 2020, we asked our donation partner Donatis to gather some information behind the headline ‘over half a million pounds raised in ten months’ so we could explore where the money has been sent and which charities have benefited from it. The results are impressive; but remember, these are only what we have raised so far in 2020* - we still have three months of the year left to raise even more money!
raised in ten months
Amazingly, 86 local Hospice Charities received donations from funeral notices totalling over £80,000 (including Gift Aid). The money you, our audience and our customers have helped us raise, going back into the heart of your local communities to help those most in need.
The NHS has been under significant stress in 2020 as we all know. How wonderful then that 67 different NHS Charities received their share of £43,296 (including Gift Aid) so far this year. We are so proud to be able to play a part in supporting our NHS in 2020.
Regional Air Ambulance charities received over £18,000 (including Gift Aid) too. A vital resource providing a life saving service throughout the UK; 14 different charities received a share of these vital funds, with the Welsh Air Ambulance receiving the largest amount of £4,833.
In addition to the amounts above, we raised over £356,000 (including Gift Aid) for Registered Charities worldwide and £3,426 for Non registered causes. Non registered causes have included raising funds for the family to pay for the funeral, raising money to buy a memorial for the deceased in their memory or raising funds for the local Church Roof Appeal.
- Thank you to the ‘friends of friends’ who see a notice shared by their connections on social media and choose funeral-notices.co.uk to leave their tributes and condolences, safe in the knowledge they will be moderated by our team of experts.
- Thank you to the family, friends, neighbours and colleagues who reach out to us to read their loved ones notices and add their own personal tributes and memories.
- Thank you to our customers who place notices with us who know we provide them with a safe place online to make donations in memory of their loved one, to gather and save their memories and tributes and make sure their notices are seen by the people who matter to them.
- Thank you to the old school friends, expats, distant family members etc who find us after a Google search hoping to reconnect with an old contact and instead leave messages on their notice to let friends and family know they’re in your thoughts.
- Thank you to the Funeral Directors who trust us to announce their funerals, arrangements, services, collect donations and publish obituaries.
You can find out how to add donations on a notice to your chosen charity here
For help choosing which charity to donate to,
read our blog Which charity should I choose to do a collection for?
- Source Donatis ‘Donations on Reach Plc Platform 01/01/20 - 10/10/20 (41 weeks)’