We believe that a funeral service should be as individual as the person who has died, and therefore offer a wide choice of services which can be tailored to suit the needs, wishes and requirements of the family of the deceased.
When you feel that you are ready to talk over the funeral arrangements we will arrange to meet with you either at Trellis House or if you prefer we can call on you at home. We will then take you through, at your own pace, all that needs to be discussed, explain the procedures involved, and make you aware of the choices you have, and any requirements that must be fulfilled. We can then make contact with the crematorium, church or cemetery authority as necessary. See also: Our services.
Within our Website we have gathered together facts and information which we feel will be of use when facing the daunting task of organising a funeral and dealing with the many varied problems that may arise.
It is appreciated that not all of the information will apply to your circumstances – but it may be useful as a check-list and general guide.
Our advice is free and may be sought at any time. With our long experience as funeral directors, we are ready to act as advisers on all matters connected with funerals. The earlier we are contacted the more help we can give. Burials and cremations throughout the British Isles or abroad may be arranged with complete confidence through Sherlock Funeral Service.
- Supplying and fitting the coffin complete.
- Organising bearers and vehicle for removal of the deceased to Trellis House, Dorking.
- Make all arrangements with hospital, nursing home etc. for removal of the deceased.
- Organising necessary bearers and staff for the funeral.
- Use of one of our private chapels of rest.
- Use of the chapel of rest at Trellis House for a funeral service.